27 julio 2012

MMM - Leaving Las Vegas (Sheryl Crow )


MINUTOSMUSICALESMENSUALES


Life springs eternal
On a gaudy neon street
Not that I care at all
I spent the best part of my losing streak
In an Army Jeep
For what I can't recall
Oh I'm banging on my TV set
And I check the odds
And I place my bet
I pour a drink
And I pull the blind
And I wonder what I'll find
[Chorus]
I'm Leaving Las Vegas
Lights so bright
Palm sweat, blackjack
On a Saturday night
Leaving Las Vegas
Leaving for good, for good
I'm leaving for good
I'm leaving for good

Used to be I could drive up to
Barstow for the night
Find some crossroad trucker
To demonstrate his might
But these days it seems
Nowhere is far enough away
So I'm leaving Las Vegas today
[Chorus]

I'm standing in the middle of the desert
Waiting for my ship to come in
But now no joker, no jack, no king
Can take this loser hand
And make it win
[Chorus]

I quit my job as a dancer
At the Lido Des Girls
Dealing blackjack until one or two
Such a muddy line between
The things you want
And the things you have to do
[Chorus]

I'm leaving Las Vegas
And I won't be back
No I won't be back
Not this time



1 comentario:

Ernesto Frattarola dijo...

"My very close friend Jack... Daniels".
Amo a esta mujer. Amo esta canción.